Digistat SCR/RF3 Learn Mode?

Recently had one of these fitted with a new combi system but there weren't any instructions in the box, the fitters didn't know how and downloading pdfs from the invensys website (www.climate-eu.invensys.com) isn't working for me.
First thing I figured out was the SCR override to turn the ch on/off. Took a bit longer but I've also got the RF3 programmed and happily talking to the SCR. The outstanding mystery is what the SCR learn mode is about.
Anyone know?
-A
You put the unit in learn mode then when the transmitter is initialised the receiver learns it's identity and will then only respond to it. You need this feature if you are using multiple zones with more than one transmitter.