Digibox for terrrestrial and satellite ?

I have a digibox (a Tvonics MDR300) which will be used with the analog TV in our holiday home when the TV service in the area switches to digital. I have also acquired a small satellite dish with a single LNB mounted. To be able to change over from terrestrisl to satellite TV, could I just unplug the UHF terrestrial aerial from the digibox and plug in the LNB output lead ? Or would a different digibox or other equipment be necessary ? (I know how to align the dish, but don't know about the electrical/signal requirements).

Jim Hawkins

Reply to
Jim Hawkins

Different box needed I'm afraid. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Plus of course the transmission mode is different, indded everything is different. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Digibox is a registered trademark of British Sky Manufacturing. It is a proprietary eponym, and its use in the general sense is an example of trademark erosion. source:

Graham.

Similar to Styrofoam and Hoover, but that doesn't stop people using the terms in general conversation.

--=20 Davey.

Reply to
Davey

No. They are totally different transmission methods so need different receivers. A bit like DAB and FM radio.

You can get some STBs which have both in the same box, though. Same as some radios will do DAB and FM.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I've seen TVs that do both, but not seen any off-the-shelf STBs that do.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I have a Vision which does - came from CPC. The satellite part is HD too, which is why I bought it some years ago.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Oh, must be pretty rare beasts though ...

Pace seem to have a combo satellite/terrestrial PVR

Andy Burns

I failed to notice when I cut-n-pasted the above that it said British Sky *Manufacturing* instead of Broadcasting.

Reply to
Graham.