Different thread in Radiator Plug

Due to doing some DIY when I was tired, I managed to drop the vent for a radiator between the floorboards. I've looked for it and can't find it there, so have purchased a new vent. I thought it should be a straightforward 1/2" vent/plug, but the thread seems to be different on the radiator to the thread plug.

Am I going mad, or are there different threads for radiator plug? If so, where do they sell those and what should I be asking for?

Thanks

Reply to
Greg

"Greg" wrote in news:MBMNk.17637$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe03.ams:

They should all be 1/2 inch BSP fitting, but you are falling into the trap of thinking they are simple screw-in fittings. Place the new vent against the hole in the radiator. Now slowly turn the vent anti-clockwise until you feel the threads marry up together. You'll feel the physical click as the ends of the thread pass each other. Stop there and begin to screw the vent in as normal. You will have to put a little pressure against it when you do this, because the thread in the radiator is set back from the surface a little bit.

Give it another try, and just take your time. I'm sure you'll get it.

If that doesn't work for you, then find out what make and model the radiators are, and do a web search for the correct type of fittings they take.

Good luck.

Reply to
BigWallop