Diesoon v. Numatic Re: Those were the days!

Heh heh.

Dogs tend to freak out at the air current rather than the hose itself. Water hoses too, one of next door's dogs tries to catch the water when he's spraying the garden. It also tries to kill the lawnmower and needs to be locked indoors for its own safety.

Reply to
Albert Ross

In message , Albert Ross writes

Of course. I was thinking of domestic garden losses.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

My present cat enjoys food intended for humans: chicken thighs poached overnight in a slow cooker, and tuna in spring water, both from Sainsbury's. She does have some cat food but mainly for the gravy or whatever.

She has never caught a bird. She has never attempted to catch a bird. There are lots of birds in the garden because of the trees and the many birdfeeders I have. If she is lying quietly in the garden, even within striking distance of the feeders, the birds will carry on feeding as normal.

Previous cats have behaved more normally.

Reply to
Peter Duncanson

For sure rabbits are our cats favourite food.

And for sure they catch em. Cos they bring em in alive.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Complete set of "pet" pictures at

One has to click the ">" underneath the photograph to move on to the next one.

Reply to
J G Miller

In message , The Natural Philosopher writes

I've got five cats, three are carpet huggers and only venture outside for a minute to turd or pee, one I'm not sure about but the last one is definitely a hunter. He regularly brings in live mice, after dark, and proceeds to eat them. Whilst think I've only ever seen him with a bird once or twice. The feathers make a terrible mess and are hard to shift even with a good vacuum cleaner.

Reply to
Clive

He'd certainly seen the cats catch rabbits themselves on other occasions. And they left both halves on the bed, and from the blood it had been chewed in half not long before. So fairly sure, yes.

(Just as I'm fairly sure that piles of feathers and dead bird on our kitchen floor weren't left by the fox that TNP suggested, even though I don't _know_ that a fox couldn't have come in through the dogflap and been ignored by the dogs....)

Reply to
Alan Braggins

I never said never, only that IME the ratio of mammals to birds is about

100:1
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Erm... you may be suffer> The trouble s cats are carrion eaters. For every 100 birds that cats

So you did not "only" say what you now claim.

Slainte,

Jim

Reply to
Jim Lesurf

but the two statements are not inconsistent.

Of each 100 kills only one is a bird, of each 100 birds brought home, only one is a kill.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Maybe part of your problem is with the comprehension of English. e.g. Look up the word "only". :-)

BTW those who can still be bothered to read what you write about this are still waiting for you to provide statistical evidence to back up your claims about "1 in 100", etc. So far you just keep repeating such claims as if we have to accept them as articles of faith in your infallability. I can't see much point in you continuing to wriggle around your wordings until/unless you present stats that could be assessed to see if your claims stand up. So far, no sign of that...

Slainte,

Jim

Reply to
Jim Lesurf

il.me...

Where the bloody hell else do you get vacuums?

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

A clean and preset dangler.

This thread has no end. Oh just suck it too errrm.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Yes but only at the bottom. If you remove the stuff below that it could, feasibly, work in reverse.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Ooh. I need to get out more. I just misread that last word.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Oh shit, tell me I am not eating your peas.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

The advice still applies.

Reply to
Peter Duncanson

His wheat, or rape, most likely.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Besides, why worry? Where does he think all the wildlife "goes"?

Reply to
Huge

Exactly so. worry about dog crap when there's fox crap down every path and dogs consider it a sort of 'lynx for dogs'

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher