Diaphragm on Gas Boiler

I have been advised that I may need to have a new diaphragm fitted on a Britony gas boiler. The burner doesnt always ignite and I usually have to open the tap fully before it ignites and heats the water.

Does anyone know how much a diaphragm is likely to cost and is it a difficult task for it to be fitted. I have an engineer calling later in the week to give me a quote - just looking for some rough pointers at this stage.

Thanks

Reply to
Henry's Cat

probably about an hours work if no complications arise. You will need more than a new diaphragm,you will also need a new fibre washer kit to reseal disturbed water joints.

Reply to
tarquinlinbin