Diamond saw blades

I'm faced with cutting some quartz/ply-backed worktops ( 12mm + 26mm ) shortly, and a 150mm diamond circular saw blade is recommended. The manufacturers also suggest a diamond bladce for an angle grinder.... probably for chamfering the exposed edges.

Any comments, tips, recommendations?

Reply to
bilbo*baggins

I'm puzzled by the combination of materials. For real quartz I'd use a tilecutter of the diamond tablesaw type. Handheld cutting is never going to get such a good clean edge.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I'm looking to install the stuff, not market it, but the Ezystone folk have their installation video here... <

bilbo*baggins

I looked at the brochure and couldn't work out if this is a composite material or solid quartz. As they don't like hot pans, I guess it's a composite. Is this the case? Also, how do you finish the edges around an underslung sink?

Reply to
Capitol