Diamond Cutting Discs

I need a 230mm diamond disc for cutting some paving slabs. I was wondering which were good brands. I found a Bosch Universal one at B&Q for =A326.98:

then I came across Faithfull blades but I was wondering if there were any good? Like this one:

didn't want to spend too much as its not for a big job and its for occassional use after that. Its to be used with a Bosch GWS 22-230 angle grinder. Which is better out of these two?

Many thanks!

Reply to
Distorted Vision

I found a perfectly servicable 115mm diamond cutting disk in my local Poundwise for, as the shop name suggests, £1. At that price, I'm not terribly worried whether it is the best make. I didn't take note of whether they had any larger ones though.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Got mine in Aldi for less than a fiver at the same time I bought their

9" angle grinder. It's cut concrete tiles, block pavers and I used it rather than hiring a Stihl saw when I needed to cut through a cavity wall. Still going strong.

Toolstation do one for =A312.

Reply to
mike

Lidl have a set of 4 4" ones for 4 quid next week - the 19th.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

IME the expesive ones from B&Q are the crappest ones available, seriously - they don't last as long as a £10 cheapo from a handymans shop.

Faithfull aren't at all bad, Rolson, which are even cheaper, are better still for some bizzare reason and they cost about 6 - 8 quid a go. I never buy anything else now and one rolson disk will easily cut 3 - 400

50mm paving flags
Reply to
Phil L

hello , maybe you can try this?

a complete range of diamond tools at your service!

Op dinsdag 13 april 2010 08:51:23 UTC+2 schreef Distorted Vision:

Reply to
info

Diamond disks are very variable. The cheapies are OK for most purposes but if you are cutting granite/granit e aggregates (some paving stones), they won't look at them.

I think the cheapies have a lot less diamond dust in them. And they wear out quicker.

Check if they need water cooling. Some do, some don't.

Reply to
harry

ite aggregates (some paving stones), they won't look at them.

Oh and they are VERY dusty, you must have a face mask and goggles. Hell of a mess to clear up afterwards if indoors.

Big angle grinders are beasts to handle with diamond disks, they can jam in the slot if the dust doesn't clear and have a savage kickback.

Reply to
harry

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Well harry *is* several years out of date. He still thinks solar panels are 'good for society' or some such crap.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I suspect the post from saddo.be (or something like that) woke the thread in his newsreader. Yet that isn't the one he replied to.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris