DeWalt is this offer any good?

Definitely not. It's all in perfect working order.

(This is the same reply to the eternal question about what's worn under a Scotsman's kilt.)

Reply to
Andy Hall

They are fresh air but need to be in the correct place - usually. But not obviously for your sloppy kind of work otherwise you'd realise how poor an impact drill is for accurate work.

Better than being a prat like you, then.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

They all claim input power and not output. Some like DeWalt actually publish both figures.

for example :

much is lost in the mecahnics between motor and work is very variable. A cheap plastic gearbox with sleeve bearings on the motor and other main components will absorb far more power than a well machined one with ball races at the ends of the main shafts.

Indeed - the whole is more important that the sum of the parts.

Reply to
John Rumm

John Rumm

10/10 V Good.

Please eff off as you are a troll.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

What use is a "torqueless" driver?

It will in fact act very differently to a drill driver - not having a low gear and the ability to produce slow but finely controlled rotation is a limitation. The lack of a torque limiter reduces the speed at which you can drive multiple fixings where setting depth accurately is important.

He comes here for the confrontation, it gives his life meaning.

Well many of us own them and use them for a wide range of projects. All you seem to do is talk.

ah bless ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

The same is available from all the big manufacturers who sell tools as kits and also "body only". "one+" is only an "innovation" in the mid priced domestic market (Although B&D flirted with the scheme for a few years).

Reply to
John Rumm

It's strange isn't it? He raves on about a new tool but obviously never actually buys and uses it. Impact drill drivers are great for certain tasks but poor for others. For general DIY a non impact one is far more useful. But dribble only reads ads and looks at tools...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

If I had to give up either my combi drill or the impact driver, it would be an easy choice, the ID would have to go. I can do a vast range of things with the drill, and I can do a subset of those even better with the ID. But there are plenty of things that it does not do at all.

So for me Drill = good, drill + ID = better, ID - Drill = too limiting.

Reply to
John Rumm

That is unlikely.. if it was so the gear boxes would get hot and they don't IME. Its far more likely that the power is quoted under different loadings and that there is a big difference in the power available under full load. AFAIK there is not a standard for quoting the power so it is open to abuse.

Reply to
dennis
[ about "Dave Plowman (News)" ]

I think if anyone does a Google groups check of Dave's and your own posting history they would very soon conclude that you are the more likely troll... Now please either take your pills or, as you put it, eff off!

Reply to
:Jerry:

Very true John.

However, havig built one deck with my impact driver - I will only give it up when someone prises it from my cold dead fingers :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

It's this and the overall efficiency of the motor. The motors do get hot and it is why they burn out easily under any kind of sustained significant load.

Reply to
Andy Hall

The ONE+ range is fully identifiable badged range. No others do it. Others say we have all these using the same batteries and you can buy them separately..but whisper it.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Not is not strange. You must eff off as you are a troll.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

:Jerry: don't think. Please don't.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Yes - I'm very pleased with mine too. However I also have 6 other assorted cordless drill drivers and power screwdrivers so as always horses for courses.

It's a bit like saying buy a mains SDS as your only drill. Great if all you do is drill holes in masonry, but pathetic for other tasks.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

"light domestic use only"?

I thought that was flameproof brogues, terrorists, for the banjoing of

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Have you tried those anti-vibration gloves? ;-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Of course they do. All of the major manufacturers have battery commonality across most of their product ranges.

Yes, because in the professional market it's an expected thing, has been for many years and not an interesting marketing point. It would be like a car manufacturer saying that their cars are fitted with petrol tanks.

The only thing here that makes it interesting for Ryobi is that they are selling into the mid range market which has never had this before.

Reply to
Andy Hall