Destruction of P.V. panels....

Will predicted huge increases in solar radiation (sunspot activity/flares etc etc) wipe-out P.V. panels?

Just a thought. :¬)

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

One can only hope so, but I fear its a vain hope. A .22 air rifle is probably a better bet.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Catapult and a pocketful of ball-bearings might be more effective :-P

Reply to
Andy Burns

Not so long ago I was working at a house that had just had PV panels installed on the garage roof. She did not like the look of them and said "Let's grow some conifers so that we cannot see them". Well the conifers would have stopped them working:-)

Mind you, this was the same woman that asked for a pond building on a slope so that she could see the fish from the house.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

And local rag headlines in Hull show Karl Turner MP is conducting a witch hunt against a teacher who said some of her pupils were thick/ inbred? Sounds as though he should meet your contact.

Reply to
cynic

I think I may have lived with her at one time...

I did get pushed into building a pond on a sloping garden. Nice job in the end, but a right old faff to get it all to work - something like six or seven different pondlets as a cascade and a big one top and bottom.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Did you tell her that would be fine if she could buy a small black hole in a box to bury under it, to modify the local gravitational vectors?

Like we used to send the prentice off to see if he could find Mr R. Sole, somewhere - ask the girl on the desk to page him..

Or sent him to the stores for some unobtanium strip.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I thought the paging announcements were usually to ask whether anyone had seen Mike Hunt

Reply to
NoSpam

Or Peter Nis.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Only on Fridays.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I went to school with someone who really was named Mike Hunt. Generally known as "Mike Hunt-with-an-H".

Reply to
Alan Braggins

In message , harry writes

Or the bucket full of steam and 5" Green gauge.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Rubber hammer for knocking in glass nails

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

The canceling of government subsidies in most EU countries has already =

taken care of that. The Solar industry is currently dead.

Reply to
MarkG

ry

My brother was sent round the building site for a sky hook, and I fell for elbow grease when I had to join the school cadet force (yes I am that old!) and had to polish brass buttons, etc.

One of the better ones came from an air cadet - their favourite was asking some poor RAF corporal sent to instruct them was if this model was fitted with a "widgitating postenulator".

Reply to
robgraham