Deodorant alternatives

A local rare breeds farm. I wish we could keep a pig but in inner city Leeds the neighbours would have a fit! They think we're odd but not objectionable and we must bear in mind that while we might enjoy animal by product odours not everyone's of the same opinion.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

LOL! That proves your wisdom. I hope I remember it ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

"Mary Fisher" wrote | Our hens lay our eggs, I cure our own bacon, grow tomatoes and | potatoes, make the bread ...

But (and I mean this in the nicest possible way) you're not normal, Mary.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

What a lovely compliment :-)

Thank you!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Almost correct - My local Safeway's stock is being replaced with Waitrose stock right about now. It will also stock other JLP 'non-food' items. Re-opens next week........

Alan

Reply to
Alan Vann

In message , Mary Fisher writes

"Continental" toilet Mary ?

Reply to
raden

Huh?

I thought I remembered (eventually) the Reading Room ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Hopefully Morrisons will sell other stores to Waitrose as they learn that their cheap junk approach doesn't work in every area.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Night time mortality is much higher at 10C.

Must be a very well made mattress to last that long. I spose its pointless asking what make, maybe what type of construction?

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

Try an anti-perspirant containing aluminium chloride hexahydrate (Anhydrol Forte is one make). It blocks the sweat glands and they eventually "learn" to stop sweating. I spent all my teenage years trying to find clothes that didn't show sweat-marks and I wish I had discovered this anti-perspirant earlier. I stopped using it about five years ago and my armpits have still forgotten that they are allowed to sweat :-)

Reply to
Julie

Our local Safeway is in the process of being transformed into a Sainsbury. Quite relieved as we had dreadful visions of Morrison-sized queues at the checkouts.

Reply to
nog

I don't understand your point ...

It was a good one, it cost £90 In Those Days :-)

For interest I just had a look. I can't see a label on it. It's about 7" deep, sprung with a quilted cover and metal handles on the sides. It's firm but resilient. We bought a deep box base at the same time because out ancient Victorian bedstead had nothing to support the mattress. The mattress is always covered with a wool blanket under the sheet so it's protected from wear, the blanket also gives extra comfort and insulation.

Because of all that height the bed is very easy to get in and out of, there's no bending or climbing. The children had to be hauled in when they were small but it's very easy for us now that we're getting rickety. When I've had to sleep in the spare bed, which is much lower, it's been difficult to get out. I hate low beds.

We were very short of money in those days but we'd been sleeping on an ancient flock mattress which was very uncomfortable and sagged in the middle, it was like sleeping in a hammock and our physical health was suffering so we decided to go for broke. We looked long and hard and chose our present mattress but couldn't afford it outright so we applied for hire purchase. It was much more difficult then and we had to have a guarantor. We only knew one person who had the necessary financial standing and he agreed. But, bless him, he paid for it outright and every time we talked about re-paying him he changed the subject or said we'd talk later.

His generosity is remembered nightly.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

There's a demand - a need even - for both approaches.

Morrison doesn't sell only cheap junk. When I've had to go to Safeways it seemed that Safeways did. For instance, I can always get organic milk at Morrison, Safeways seemed to have such a small stock that it sold out quickly. Not good stock control.

I'd be very happy to have a local Waitrose but it isn't going to happen. My reason isn't price but good quality - and locally sourced foods. But we seem to manage very well with our present arrangements. Baby son came at short notice to dinner last night and was amazed at what I could rustle up without going shopping. I felt very smug because he's so critical about food.

I can't imagine where he gets it from ...

:-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

That would be reasonably acceptable too.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

I agree regarding their stock control and didn't feel that they were as good as the the major players. They did have an own brand of better quality products which sold well, but those seem to be disappearing.

Morrisons appear to be making the classic mistake of not looking at the local conditions but applying a one size fits all mentality. This will cost them dearly.

All of the supermarkets could do a better job at that. They would do well to take a trip to France and look at the quality and presentation, expecially of fresh produce in supermarkets there.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

We shall see. They have an awful lot of experience.

We're lucky in Leeds in that we have an excellent market as well as a Farmers' Market - sadly only once a month.

Perhaps French shoppers demand more of their shops. Certainly most UK shoppers seem to be very happy with stuff I wouldn't touch.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

It think that that is probably it, and the prices are generally lower than in the UK as well.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

You are making that up.

Four supermarkets all together?

Reply to
IMM

Under what name? Not all Safeway's went over to Morrisons because of fare trade. Morrison's would have too many stores near each other.

Reply to
IMM

Would you like me to email or post you a photo?

In different directions