dentistry

perhaps we should all do diy dentistry...that would sort them out .....

Reply to
J1MBO/m

Bob Eager

Well done, back on topic :-)

Reply to
newshound

Very good, having so much treatment in a few days cured my fear of dentists.

The bone graft and implants were done by Dr Dr Attila Kaman who I presume owns the place, a second dentist did extraction and root canal work, a third filed the teeth down to "pegs" for crowns and took impressions and fitted them all.

They seem to have moved to London from Budapest.

Google! at the time it didn't feel any more random than picking a dentist out of yellow pages. I discussed it back and forth over email with them for a few weeks before booking in.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I had a bridge done on NHS with no issues other than the fact the Royal Mail lost the bloody tooth somewhere between Surrey and SW London for two weeks.

Of course as you say, finding a dentist will ing to do the job for NHS pay is the most difficult part. There are also issues over the cost depending on what benefits you get, and all of that. I used what is called the Community dentist. Many CCGs fund this as they can do dentistry in the homes if required, but often have a clinic in a local doctors or hospital.

Might be worth contacting either Healthwatch in your area, or the CCG directly. They can usually supply you with a list of dentists which will do it under the nhs charges. Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

Just received an email from my dentist.

"If a bridge were an appropriate and viable treatment for you and you fitted the NHS criteria then it would come under a Band 3 NHS charge"

No indication as to what the criteria are of course

Reply to
stuart noble

Well OT of course but anyone got any opinions on the muddle known as NHS

Are you in pain? Can you still eat?

If no to both then its cosmetic!

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Well, they took a tooth out that wasn't hurting, and wasn't stopping me eating, and that wasn't considered cosmetic

Reply to
stuart noble

No, That falls into the category of profiteering :-)

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

I think I now understand what the criterion is. For old folks, the NHS will do what is the least expensive for them in the long run, which is invariably a denture. Fair enough I suppose.

Reply to
stuart noble