dennis is moving to Bristol

And this is why

he cannot wait to join them.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Any bets on how log before the 'Speedwatch volunteer assaulted, speed camera stolen' headlines?

Reply to
Onetap

We've had that in a local village for ages and it works far better than any other method. Ok you can see them as power-mad but at least they're devoting some time and effort to make their environment safe and that deserves some respect. The real issue is that many of the latest limits are over the top for the vast majority of any 24 hours. If limits were more intelligently applied, I suspect they would be more readily observed.

Andy C

Reply to
Andy Cap

He gets his own hi-viz and a clipboard. Oooh the power!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Think we have it round here as well, or at least if you ask the local plod they will get the hairdryer and make a show of using it. Trouble is the policing has now changed and "our local plod" now cover most of NE Cumbria...

Hi-viz waist coats hung on gate posts and visible from a distance work quite well as well. But only for a short while but if they are moved about the area randomly...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

And to be honest, that would be the speed of the local residents.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

some of them, certainly, but not all. and there are out of area people, too.

Reply to
charles

Do you really think the morons take any notice now? What makes you think they would take any more notice if they were higher? What is needed is more being caught. Then they would obey whatever limit was set. I suggest an electronic road tax disk with built in GPS and an RFI tag. Always catch the speeders and they will stop speeding.

Reply to
dennis

Reply to
geoff

True, maybe Military Lite would have been a better phrase. Anyways my point is really that the Police now appear to dress and behave more like troops approaching a war zone than acting like the Civil power, which though they refer to non police as Civilian is still what they really are. I appreciate that some of their work is not as comfy as was depicted in Dixon of Dock Green but also feel that to an extent they have reaped what they have sowed. Probably too long a a subject to be OT here.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

jackets. They were standing in front of a hi-viz road sign that made them almost invisible, the sneaky gits.

(Do you think you could sort your line lengths out?)

Even if you were, it's got f*ck all to do with dennis.

Reply to
Huge

jackets. They were standing in front of a hi-viz road sign that made them almost invisible, the sneaky gits.

Everything in the world is something to do with Dennis - according to him.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

But still no conviction?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

jackets. They were standing in front of a hi-viz road sign that made them almost invisible, the sneaky gits.

Which is one of the principal reasons (of many) that he's a hateful sack of shit.

Reply to
Huge

Nope. The police can do exactly and precisely nothing on the basis of you being stitched up by dennis and his nosey, interfering, po-faced tiresome little friends.

Reply to
Huge

jackets. They were standing in front of a hi-viz road sign that made them almost invisible, the sneaky gits.

That's a bit unkind.

To the sacks of shit...

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

It sort of makes you wonder why they bother to stand out in the cold and rain.

Our local police often do similar things with school kids using the speed gun.

And I would love to know who puts the big sign up at Conisbrough on the A630 saying "Speed trap in 2 miles" everytime there is a scamera van parked up 2 miles away. They are not parked up helping a village from speeding traffic, they are parked up waiting to catch out drivers where the road changes from

60 to 40 mph
Reply to
ARWadsworth

They get to dress up in a uniform and feel important?

Improves the "crime" clear up rate a treat, not to mention the revenue it generates...

Reply to
John Rumm

Cos he's important.

Reply to
brass monkey

Not with a big hand written sign 2 miles down the road:-)

Reply to
ARWadsworth