Demand boiler behaving oddly....

Lurked in here for a while (interesting group to read incidentally) so I know there are lots of CH / plumbing experts around.....
I have a Glow Worm Swift Flow boiler. This afternoon I realised the radiators were all cooling and subsequently discovered that we had no hot water from the taps either. Pressure in the CH system is OK and pilot light was on, so I resigned myself to calling out an expert. But before I did, I heard the boiler fire up and now all's back to normal. I hadn't 'done' anything that might have fixed it.... It was probably 'out' for about an hour.
Anyone got any idea what the problem might be here? And as an aside, anyone know where I can find (or have) an electronic copy of the manual for this boiler, as my Googling for one has drawn a blank...
Thanks

Try <http://www.glow-worm.co.uk/site.asp
--
Alan
mailto: snipped-for-privacy@amacleod.clara.co.uk
Ferger wrote:

Modern boilers have lots of safety checks built in. Maybe one of them was triggered? e.g. flue seemed blocked due to string wind or high level thermocouple tripped.
BillR secured a place in history by writing:

Interesting - do these things generally 'uncheck' after the problem has gone away?
Only change in the norm I could point to is that it's rained without stopping for almost 48 hours here.

Ferger wrote:

Normally yes, sometimes there is a manual reset button. This would be documented in the boiler manual, have you got one? Installers should leave the installation and the user instructions.

Maybe a little of the rain got into the boiler ...
"Ferger" wrote | I have a Glow Worm Swift Flow boiler. This afternoon I realised | the radiators were all cooling and subsequently discovered that | we had no hot water from the taps either. Pressure in the CH | system is OK and pilot light was on, so I resigned myself to | calling out an expert. But before I did, I heard the boiler | fire up and now all's back to normal. I hadn't 'done' anything | that might have fixed it.... It was probably 'out' for about | an hour.
You haven't had a power cut (electricity) you didn't notice did you?
Owain

No, definitely not. Good thought though :-) --
OK, expert called out, transformer had burnt out, now all hunky-dory. Thanks for all the input....