degreasing with vodka?

Now I'm curious. Is this as part of some new product development or is it a standard requirement when performing certain electrical installations?

My mind is conjuring up all sorts of possible scenarios, many of which feature a lab, white coats, Tefal foreheads and nervous white bunny rabbits!

deano.

Reply to
deano

At the risk of being flamed as a pedant, the IUPAC name is Propan-2-ol

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm Race

You missed my point.

Of course water is OK.

My usage case is for when water or the possibility to wash hands is not conveniently available.

Even without the obvious touching of certain foods which one probably shouldn't be eating anyway, I have seen differences of up to 2 mmol/l which is obviously very significant.

PTB = Pooh Ther Bear. His connection with sticky stuff (aka hunny) is legendary.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Boots "Moist Lens Wipes" contain propan-2-ol.

Moist Cleaning Tissues made by "Selles Medical Ltd" of Hull, as included in first-aid kits, just claim to be Alcohol Free (mmmm - free alcohol!).

I think I'd rather just drink the alcohol and forget about the grease...

Reply to
Frank Erskine

--------------

Yes. My 500 ml bottle of Isopropyl alcohol has this in brackets. This amount certainly goes a long way. I've had it for some years.

Sylvain.

Reply to
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE

--------------

As stated in a previous message: My 500 ml bottle of Isopropyl alcohol has the above in brackets.

Sylvain.

Reply to
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE

so will you guys have water come next Friday?

mk5000

'i'm proud to be part of this historic occasion for not only our region but our country. this precious namibian born baby will be our ambassador'--samuel nuuyoma, on the birh of shiloh brangelina

Reply to
marika

| |Dave Fawthrop wrote: | |> Electrical contact measurement. | |Now I'm curious. Is this as part of some new product development or is |it a standard requirement when performing certain electrical |installations? | |My mind is conjuring up all sorts of possible scenarios, many of which |feature a lab, white coats, Tefal foreheads and nervous white bunny |rabbits!

Sorry but you will have to remain curious. It is a distinct problem for me and when I have solved it for myself, may have wider applications. There are some things I do not put on usenet.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

The problem with Swarfega is that you have to use more soap to wash the Swafega off 'cos it sticks like syrup.

Reply to
john2

No the IUPAC name is propan-2-ol

Reply to
visionset

Washing up liquid and sugar is the best hand cleaner I know.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

That has not been my experience. I rub it well in, then rinse it off with plenty of water.

Sylvain.

Reply to
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE

In my Ampex days they didn't.

They used to use IPA to clean rubber drive rollers.

They used Head drum cleaner (based on Xylene) proprietory to the video recorder manufacturer to clean the head drum.

They used an abrasive cleaning tape to clean the video head itself which was *far* too delicate to touch.

Derek ^

I don't think 37.5% alcohol vodka will be concentrated enough for effective degreasing.

You can buy IPA in an aerosol at Maplins in the Aire Valley Road shopping centre.

You can buy pre-soaked disposable pads but they work out expensive if you are using them every day. So just spray IPA on a paper tissue.

DG

Reply to
Derek ^

Stuart Noble typed

Yebbut I wouldn't advise a diabetic to use these prior to checking their blood sugar, though sucrose won't react with the testing reagents...

Reply to
Helen Deborah Vecht

Go to

and type alcohol into the search on the site and you will find what you are looking for.

Regards

Steve

Reply to
Stephen Dawson