Definitive toilet bowl limescale thread

Actually there is an increasing issue with limescale in and around London. Many now think its the London Ring main which is like a huge circular main of concrete pipes. The cement is effectively disolving into thewater. I'm sure it was a good idea at the time!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

And snakes, spiders, termites and ants.

Reply to
harry

We don't complain about them,they are all here for a reason. Some people are frightened unnecessarily about them but they rarely cause problems.

Reply to
F Murtz

+1 I don't like them either.
Reply to
Mr Pounder

And snakes, spiders, termites and ants.

And stupid Australians. Don't start me off .........................

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Bollocks. I used to live in Adelaide and most Australians were shit scared of the nasty horrible things. BTW. Do Australian teachers still call 11 year old kids Spastics and Mindas?

Reply to
Mr Pounder

I like snakes. We have snakes in our garden. I try to improve the habitat for them.

Reply to
harry

I spent three weeks camping in Queensland. Lotsa creepy crawlies there.

Reply to
harry

I've always liked snakes. As for spiders, we don't hurt any of them. Like was said earlier, they are here for a reason. Reducing flies being one of them.

Reply to
bod

I spent three weeks camping in Queensland. Lotsa creepy crawlies there.

I spent 4 years in Adelaide. I once saw a sugar bowl full of ants. I think I must have seen every horrible thing on the planet.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Spiders reducing the fly population significantly is a load of rubbish. I WILL kill any spider I see.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

...and Fosters...

We had an 'interesting' transfer from Cairns Airport to Port Douglas in the dark a few years ago during which the driver took a slight detour every time he saw a cane toad. The 'pops' as they went under the tyres were quite audible.

If a sugar bowl full of ants is classed as "horrible" I think you've led a pretty sheltered life.

I think the most horrible thing I have witnessed was a car running over an fresh road kill rabbit in such away that the guts/stomach got compressed and exploded with quite a POP spraying the guts and gut contents over several yards. Fortunately not in my direction or I think I would have thrown up.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Which is shit.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Reply to
mail-veil

perhaps there isn't a branch near you, but Robert Dyas keep Kilrock and frequently have it on offer

Reply to
charles

While I'm not going to disagree, you've probably tried the UK imitation not the real thing. The "brewed under licence" is IMHO worse.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Just picked up two 400ml bottles of Kilrock K from Aldi reduced from £1.99 to the ludicrously low price of 99p!

Reply to
mail-veil

Use a mop with the head wrapped in a dustbin bag as a plunger and get rid of the water. Then use a one of the lime-scale removers.

Reply to
alan