Deep worktop (800mm) suppliers?

Can anybody reccomend a supplier of worktops (3m long), with a depth of between 750mm & 900mm? The sheds only have 600 / 616mm deep ones, as far as I can see.
Thanks
Gary

Magnet had used do some which were 900mm wide - and double edged - intended for use on island units. I expect they still do them. You can always cut one edge off if you want it slightly narrower to go against a wall.
Roger
news@spam_me_not37.fslife.co.uk says...

Thanks Roger - I'll take a look there.
Gary

That's a hell of a deep worktop. Are you sure you don't mean width? ;)
PoP
snipped-for-privacy@anyoldtripe.co.uk says...

Hmm, I mean (I think!) depth - wall to front edge, height - 38mm or so, and length - 3m or so. Maybe I do mean width!! The dimension between my gut and the wall anyway! ;-)
I want that order of dimension to run a workbench in my shed around two walls, to take my PC, radio gear etc. 600mm doesn't leave me much space to rest my head on!
Gary
says...

That's what I did in the room which I use as an office. The side with the computer is made from a 900mm double-edged worktop, with about 60mm cut off where it goes against the wall. The other side - which doesn't need to be so wide - is made from a 600mm single edged worktop - plus an upstand made out of the bit cut off the other side.
Roger
Roger Mills wrote:

Just had some new benches done at work, peninsular (breakfast bar) worktop with the second edge cut off....Any good supplier (magnet or wholesale supplier of laminate tops) will have something, probably from stock.
Niel.

Have you considered using granite/slate/marble etc?
Nic.
nickswanatzoomdotcodotuk

Try Homebase they did them to order 6 months ago, choice of finnish, 900mm 38mm thick post formed on both sides.
David H.
I live near Bath and I found a local company that makes worktops / counters for shops etc. There must be similar in other parts of the country. They were able to manufacture exactly what I wanted, with little or no waste.
They made up some worktops of the exact width I wanted, with rolled edges on 2 sides where neccessary etc.
The price wasnt too bad as I recall, and they were better quality than the ones available from the sheds.
They had a vast array of laminates and turned the job round in a couple of weeks. If you are interested I may be able to dig out prices/contact details etc.
HTH
Steve Harper.