DECT phone funny

It appears that you have a normal DECT phone. I very much doubt that weather has anything to do with it at all. Might be something duff or intermittent in the phone otherwise one of those things!.

I haven't been following this thread that close. I presume you have tried another phone and or moved it elsewhere to see if the problem persists?...

Reply to
tony sayer

"Mike" wrote in news:d0l9am$ahc$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk:

No companies nearby - but there is a local TV relay transmitter! If the problem occurred more frequently I would certainly suspect that. More likely, in my opinion, is a taxi company. But there has never been any noticeable (to us) connection between events in the general area and the problem.

Reply to
Rod Hewitt

"Mike" wrote in news:d0mi8d$vep$ snipped-for-privacy@news8.svr.pol.co.uk:

We have never really noticed any association with external temperature or humidity.

Definitely not related to the CH starting. That would be an unusual time for it to occur.

Reply to
Rod Hewitt

In article , Rod Hewitt writes

Well it "is" possible that a taxi company might have a transmitter on the same site that carries the TV relay. Can you name the site or give a grid ref. Could find out if U really want to know....

Reply to
tony sayer

tony sayer wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@bancom.co.uk:

I think that it's this one - High Wycombe 500W SU856942. It is so close that we get awful TV reception. :-)

Reply to
Rod Hewitt

Yes, I'm wrong on the European Dect phone frequency. Some industrial ovens work around 900MHz AIUI. However, just to throw in another point, I have an IR controlled TV, which turns itself off at random!! It is the only TV which behaves in this way. This also coincides with the RF controlled power switches in the same room also turning off! My conclusion is that either there is a burst of very high power RF which is being rectified and operating as a control signal, or significant mains interference is present. Scoping the mains, shows =/- 1500V transients (generally

Reply to
Capitol

B****y hell. Assuming it is coming in through the supply to the house, I'd get that investigated by your electricity supplier. Something is switching large loads either from or next to your supply. I believe there are filters they can put in, sort of mega-baluns, or in the worst case a private 100A

1:1 transformer.
Reply to
Mike

Fast transients on the mains of up to 2kV or so as described are perfectly normal.

case a private 100A

Equipment on the market these days should have adequate immunity - BS EN IEC 61000-4-4 refers.

Reply to
Andy Wade

Have two phones, have swapped them over, no difference. I think it is a variation in signal quality rather than the handsets, since sometimes they need to be nearer to the base station than at other times in order to work.

-- Holly, in France. Holiday home in the Dordogne, website:

Holly, in France

In our case no, we have a gravity run CH system from a woodburner. Temp rises and falls slowly depending on how enthusiastic I am about stoking the fire :-)