DECT and multiple phone lines

Scenario: Two lines with ordinarty DECT base stations on each one. GAP handset registered on both base stations.

When a call comes in does the handset ring irespective of the base with the call or only if the handset has the base station with the incoming call selected?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

In article , Dave Liquorice writes

It's a while since I tried this but I think it falls over as the handset can register to only one base at a time.

There are 2 line dect systems but I wasn't impressed with the specs or quality so had separate handsets per line until I went over to voip using siemens gigaset units (2 voip + one LL).

Reply to
fred

That's what I thought, PITA.

DECTSYS 2200? Looks OK on paper and can handle up to 16 hand sets (though I think the top 8 have limited features compared to the first

8).

Disty Base Duo?

VOIP is a possibilty but wary of delays/quality. I detest mobiles, DECT is just about acceptable. I'm used to ISDN... I'd want all outgoing to calls to go over the PSTN rather than the incoming VOIP provider. Our PSTN calls are capped at 10p for up to 60mins. VOIP ones are per minute...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

small pabx with single-line dect phone on each extension?

Ringing and outside line access arranged as required.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Yes, that was on the list but sorry, it was a few years back so I can't remember why it was dismissed.

It might have been an ease of use issue as it was going to be used in a small office by 3 or 4 non techies so simple line selection, call handling and transfer were going to be important. The manual looks a bit clunky but no obvious scary bits.

That's a new one to me

Yep, it's not for everyone, we had 2 landlines for reliability and I planned for a third voip line to see how we got on with it but we downsized and now use 2 voip lines with fallback to landline in case of failure. Although I use full fat 64k codecs for sound quality I do spot a few blips.

Reply to
fred

how I do it, but dont use DECTS. spawn of the devil.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

one.

What do you use instead of DECT for cordless phones?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice