Decorator's Caulk

Hi all

I intend to put strip wood around a door frame edge instead of the 1970s quadrant bead which has long since been junked. But the wall that this will butt up to is anything but flat - no I'm not going to try reskimming! Can I use decorator's caulk to fill a gap upto 6mm wide in parts and still get a decent level finish for painting?

TIA

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

oh aye, no probs. IME the first pass may leave a gap or two and/or shrink back as it dries - so I'd definitely *not* attempt to do it in

1 pass. Cut the nozzle so plenty comes out and do a first pass, smooth obvious excesses with finger etc but don't aim for perfection this time - leave to set for a good while then redo with extra care for your "finish"

JimK.

Reply to
JimK

it will fill, BUT it shrinks a LOT. do it once, wait a week, and do it again.

The beauty is that its water washable when unset - to remove any smears.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher