Decorative Metal Pull Chain

We bought some decorative beaded metal pull chains to replace the cord ones in our bathroom & cloakroom light pull-switch. After fitting them a thought crossed my mind. The old cord ones have a plastic joint in the cord which I understand is to stop the cord conducting electricity should it become wet due to steam etc & a contact being made in the actual switch mechanism. These metal ones however does not have any such 'break' in the chain.

What is the deal with these ? Are they made form a non-conductive metal ? Any ideas ?

Thanks

Reply to
Dave Hedgehog