Decking - Removal of green staining

My decking has a number of large patches of green "mould" - mainly in the areas that stay damp longer. I have tried scrubbing with plain water and soapy water but with limited success. Can anyone recommend a solution to use, please,

Walt

Reply to
Walt

Hi,

Try an 'oxy bleach', do a less conspicious bit first though.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Dliute catsuic soda? bleach?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Dilute boric acid is very effective on mould.

With any mould, it is important to have it well wetted before and during removal. If any of it is dry, and you attempt to remove it, the spores will go everywhere and growth starts all over again.

Reply to
Bruce

Pressure washer & mould killer - Wickes do one.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Yes - this does tend to happen to organic stuff exposed to the elements.

Petrol (if you can still afford it), followed by a flame.

Decking is, as a rule, pretty awful and is so passé. I much prefer a real garden, weeds, couch grass and all...

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Ouch!

Reply to
Bruce

Happens to stone/concrete slabs as well.

Broken slabs, uneven concrete, different levels...

Decking is the new decking...

Reply to
The Medway Handyman