Decking preservative

I've got a rather large area of decking which has been in place for about a year now. Should I be applying any treatment or preservative? As it's so big, it's a rather daunting task so I was thinking of using a spray (Maplins have one on offer at 25). Can anyone offer any advice or recommendations? Thanks.

I would NOT use a spray with decking preservative as it is a poisonous chemical and will damage your health unless you have the proper mask, goggles etc.
Use a large paint brush as it goes on like water. (Don`t forget the basic protectiion . face mask and gloves )