Decking fixing

Just ordered what seem like a small forest of timber for the frame of my decking.

Q on fittings ...

I am using 4x4 posts and then fixing 150x50 ring frame to these .. joists then hung off this frame ..

What to use to fix such a connection ...?

I could use coach bolts eg M10 x 180

See a lot of 'ads' for this type of finish for decking ....

Are they worth it, about 10 price of BZP

Secondly ... are coach bolts the best option ? what about using these in 6 x 140 ...

They are SPAX and that usually means good quality, and much cheaper than bolts (and no thus holes drilled.) There are alternatives such as

Or I could use a mixture and use bolts on the 4 corners .. and SPAX on the rest, what would you advise ?

Reply to
Rick Hughes

I would use stainless steel bolts and timber connectors on the corners.

Reply to
harry

It would be interesting to see what happens in five years to the ones the bloke put into the oak beams.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon