Decking cleaner/oil (one for MHM? :))

Planning on giving the deck an oil, and was thinking of using the Wickes own decking oil (

).

Thought I'd give it a clean first - and I seem to remember Dave saying that some of the cleaners have brightning agents etc in them. Looking at the reviews of the Wickes cleaner it seems a waste of money - and no better than washing up liquid! (

)

So, anyone got any recommendations? Or should I just save a tenner and power wash it and use a broom and a bit of fairy? :-)

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

Picked this up on a USA decking forum. Their product of choice seems to be Napisan of all things. Makes sense because it contains sodium perborate which is a bleach.

Tried the Wickes stuff, wasn't impressed.

Pressure washer works, but tricky to get a 100% even clean.

Try the Napisan & let us know.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman