Decking., a flight of fancy...

So a mate says to me, I can get a load of used decking... any use to you?

Never being one to turn down free construction kits, all I needed was something to build.

From decking to "portable" steps, and 107 easy stages:

John Rumm

I wish you'd stop doing stuff like this. You make me feel so inadequate.

(That's a compliment, in case you're in any doubt.)

Reply to
Huge

+1

:-)

But going off at a tangent, how do you stop pools like this developing algae in a matter of days?

My wife put up a mini version designed for dogs a few days ago and it is already disgusting.

Reply to
newshound

I used to chuck a load of Milton in.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Somewhat unexpectedly, small pools are harder than large pools. They get warm much more quickly, which encourages growth.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

You need:

One of:

Plus some:

John Rumm

Swimming pool chemicals. Readily available on ebay.

Reply to
Huge

The answer is in correct design. There needs to be a slight inclination so the water runs off the end of the planks out of the grooves.

Reply to
harry

Huh?

Reply to
John Rumm

you can go water-skiing.

Reply to
Clive George

Very good! LOL

Reply to
Richard

Did the dog piss in the pool?

Reply to
ARW

ie, As you face te steps, a slight fall (say from left to right) so water runs out of the grooves and they can dry out,

Reply to
harry

Good point, hadn't thought of that.

Reply to
newshound

Ordered, thanks!

Of course maybe the dogs will end up chewing the dispenser......

Reply to
newshound

The question was "But going off at a tangent, how do you stop pools like this developing algae in a matter of days?"

What has that got to do with steps, groves or anything other than swimming pools?

Reply to
John Rumm

Someone bought harry water skis once... he is still looking for a lake on a hill.

Reply to
John Rumm

Its generally better to stop them going green in the first place. To get them back to clear after is harder, and normally needs a chlorine "shock" plus a dose of algaecide.

Reply to
John Rumm