Deck mixer recommendations

At mother's house, kitchen deck mixer is leaking. Cannot undo brass screw that holds tap turner in place - suspect it was graunched when originally installed and/or hard water caking is stopping it moving. Even if I get it opened, not convinced that I will get away with a simple washer replacement - have a feeling the whole thing is worn. Certainly the finish has unpleasant marks after years of use in a very hard water area.

So I want a decent but not too expensive deck mixer. Must be quarter-turn as aged wrists are not so good at turning taps.

Existing tap spout is *very* low which makes kettle-filling a pain (find you have to remove things from sink first). So a higher spout would be good.

Water pressure is low - but H&C are reasonably balanced.

Have seen this:

Not a flat deck mixer, I know, but ticks other boxes.

Any suggestions? Screwfix and Toolstation both down the road. Other suppliers also accessible. This needs to be done "very soon" rather than "today or else" so would prefer to avoid mail order unless from a good company.

Reply to
polygonum

If it is quarter turn it will have a ceramic disc cartridge thingy inside. Replacements may or may not be available. As to quality, who can tell these days with so much "badge engineering".

Just go and buy the one you fancy/that fits & hope for the best. Just check it is suitable for low pressure, some are not, all you get is a miserable trickle.

Reply to
harry

I thought for a moment your mum must be a disk jockey. Quite disapointed now ;-)

Reply to
Graham.

Scratching is what she does with a pen these days.:-(

Reply to
polygonum

I got

a couple of weeks ago to replace a similar tap. Seems like good quality with smooth movements and easy to install. Buying experience was good with quick delivery.

No connection with company.

Unfortunately not a single sensible price deck mixer for a two-hole sink! Well, not that I could find. Why do these people not make their search more helpful?

They do, however, have a huge number of taps!

Reply to
polygonum

Sorry, I didn't spot the two-hole requirement!

They do.

Have a look at

There's a 'Deck Mounted Taps' link towards the bottom. I've bought from them before and they were OK.