Deck Construction ?

I am planning to put in a small deck, 3mx3m, and would like some advice with regard to the number of supports/pads required to support the frame.
The deck will be on a flat surface and I plan to put in some breeze block pads, on concrete, and put the deck frame onto these. The question is how many pads do I need for a 3mx3m deck using 150mmx50mm joists.
The frame will be 3mx3m with joists running across the frame at 600mm centres. From what I have read 150mmx50mm joists should be supported at 3m centres, so do I only require four pads, one at each corner of the deck, or do I also need pads at each end of each joist, a total of 12 pads ?
Hope the above makes sense !
TIA
KJR

This should help:
http://www.bridgetimber.co.uk/advice/deck1.html
--
BigWallop

http://basecuritysystems.no-ip.com
On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 19:47:37 GMT, "BigWallop"

Thanks for the info.
KJR
Presumably one side will be attached to the house with a wall plate if that is the case three pads one each corner and one in middle will more than suffice don't build column from blocks just cast padstones and thunderbolt fence post collars to pads 4" x 4"