Deck bath mixer taps - much lower flow / pressure on shower outlet normal?

Been asked to look at a shower which was more of a dribble. The plunger / diverter valve was sticky so I took it out and greased it - things now better but I am wondering why, if it's a simple diverter, the shower outlet delivers so much less water than the taps. Thanks for any ideas.

Reply to
peter