Decent Teak effect/colour on pine?

Hi,
the quesiton is, do i stain or varnish? I would like just a natural non glosst Teak finish to py pine doors and architrave, anyone recommend a good stain,varnish method to attain this?
thanks v much
Al
On Sun, 3 Aug 2003 10:43:40 +0100, "Kaptain Kremin"

Use a coloured varnish. Pine (and generic softwoods) varies in its absorbtion, so staining isn't going to end up too even. Also pine has visible figure that teak doesn't, so you'll want to hide that somewhat, or it will always just look like painted pineywood.
Thanks Andy,
can you recommend any good brands that offer a close match?

I wanted ASH colour on pine - I contacted SIKKENS, they sent me a load of match pots of their interior stains for free. Also a pot of their clear top coat .... excellent customer service form them
Rick