Death to trees!

Don't get me wrong, I like a good tree as much as the next man.

But watch yer drains.

The results of the CCTV are back on mine (noticed a partial blockage when checking them after a bog remmoval job).

4 wildly separate root ingresses over a 25m run, one of which has cracked the pipe clean round and is threatening to collapse.

(This is a 6" salt-glaze 1950's shared private non adopted sewer BTW).

Thank you to whoever said "call the insurers" last time. They (Axa) sent their drains contractor round in 24 hours flat and he confirmed what my firm had found.

He said that he more often than not finds that they will pay out for tree damage - so fingers crossed while I wait for their answer.

Interesting vid BTW.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Yes: a bit like viewing your own colonoscopy...

Spamlet

Put it on youtube for the rest of us to gawp at. Not in the same league as pets in bins, but is it worth a watch?

Dave

Reply to
Dave Starling

let Adam be the judge of that ;>)

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

In message , Tim Watts writes

Tim, we had exactly the same problem when we moved to this house. Long story short, the insurers paid for the lot, including the bill from 'my' firm who organised the original filming, and identified the problem. Less the usual excess, of course :-)

Reply to
Graeme

As long as they don't try to jet you out!

ow...

Reply to
Tim Watts

They do.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

could do with an edit, lots of wibbling getting the camera into position and the best footage is when it's pulled back in a smooth motion with decent focus.

I'll see what I can do...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Actually, the insurer's contractor did say to submit any expenses incurrred my end (like the original film and jetting perhaps).

Reply to
Tim Watts

If you should happen to hire one of these cameras, you can take the opportunity of running a string between the inspection covers. We had a new loo put in a couple of years ago, and found it much easier to pull a rope through via such a string, than use drain rods. Once we had a rope through we pulled a 'log' with nails hammered in, back and forth until all the old sediment and roots were broken up and then would wash through.

Spamlet

You'll need the tree's permission first, otherwise Dennis will get all pissy again.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

When I did it, they give me a solution to drink, diluted with water, which had the same effect.

Reply to
Halmyre

Not at 500bar :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Not at 500bar :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Not at 500bar :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

ROFLMAO!!!!!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

They errmm ... clear you out with "Fleet" and that stuff does wot it sez on the Tin thats a fact..

And you can see the results here.

Pix and Vids, and no it didn't hurt at all!.

If your over 50 and any history of Bowel cancer at all in your family or ANY rectal bleeding.

GO Get it done!...

FWIW I had one a few years ago, found a nasty pre cancerous tumour snipped it out and .. Bowel Cancer to be, gone:)...

tony sayer

I have such a drain. I'm not aware of any problems with it. However there is a large fig tree on top. The neighbouring building job has about 50 metres of modern plastic sewer pipe that they don't sem to want. There is concrete spatter over it so it can't be returned. It's stored on my property. Should I move the pipes one by one to a more secure place? :)

Reply to
Matty F

Interesting, I caused a similar echo earlier in responding to a post without doing anything stupid that I was aware of, though of course, I could be too stupid.:)

Reply to
Clot

Tree oblody true. They have rights, you know?

Reply to
Clot