DealExtreme caution

DealExtreme got a mention a few weeks back in connection with inexpensive IR thermometers.

I bought one and it was faulty. I arranged to send it back and was told my return postage would be refunded and a replacement thermometer sent. I sent it back but have had neither the refund nor the replacement despite several reminders.

If you're thinking of buying from them you may wish to bear the above in mind.

I think they are just slow rather than unscrupulous. I bought some Wii stuff from them before Christmas when you couldn't get any Wii stuff in the UK. One of the orders wasn't complete and despite several emails I never heard anything from them over a 2 week period. Eventually they emailed and sent the goods as a priority and they arrived before Santa ;o)

Steven.

Reply to
Steven Campbell

They were very quick when I placed the original order but now I'm trying to get the refunds they promised they seem to have gone AWOL.

Was Chinese New Year recently, everything grinds to a halt for a while.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

[snip]

Just to stick up for them a bit, over the last year or so I (and several friends) have ordered quite a few bits and pieces from them - and the only problem was a radio controlled helicopter that wasn't the advertised spec.

This was apparantly a mistake that their suppliers had made and even before it had arrived they had emailed with an offer of either a refund if it was returned or a hefty credit to the account to compensate. Seemed very fair.

I've personally contacted them a couple of times and aways had a good response. Granted, they aren't the fastest but given the price, I really can't complain.

As someone mentioned, it has been their new year and they did shut down for that (having said that, a cable I ordered turned up last week after 9 days so there isn't that much of a delay).

Cheers,

Darren

Reply to
dmc

Well, I've finally got the refund but they seem to be reneging on their offer to refund the return postage.

Not a good experience.

I think this is why their prices are rock bottom.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C