Dead simple plumbing/hot water question

And DONT change the 15mm pipe for 22mm. When the hot water finally arrives, it will fill the bowl quicker but the volume in a pipe goes with the square of the radius and the flow with some lower power so it will take LONGER for the hot water to arrive (but there will be a lot more of it when it does).

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Will you please eff off as you a complete idiot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Will you please eff off as you a complete idiot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I just installed a Grundfos 15/90 Home Booster pump on system tha sounds remarkably like yours. The difference is immesurable to b honest - and was doddle to fit under the kitchen sink. Its almos silent and turns on only when required. I looked for ages on ebay an finally picked up a brand new one for £20 - I think the retail price i c £100. But it will save hours and hours of fitting a new run. I'm sure thi is not the most professional way to do it but it has sloved the proble for me and now my (ceramic valve) tap belts out HW at a very acceptabl level. Before the pump I could nopt even get warm water as the main pressure CW was outweighing the HW...I'm certain that a simlar resul could have been possible by running a less complicated run to th kitchen sink but I really couldnt be bothered to pull up all th upstairs carpet and redocoarte the kitchen as the run is behind a fals panel in the kitchen to hide the

-- alexbartman

Reply to
alexbartman

You seem to have be having problems with your newsreader - it's not making sense. Or perhaps you're drunk again given it's after breakfast time?

Ah. You drunk then.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Will you please eff off as you are a complete idiot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I can't believe this. Another one!!! One pump on one tap. You get your Association application form soon.

All he has to do is fit the right taps, circa £50.

You bet your boots it is not.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I'll ask again - more in hope than anticipation. Where does one buy the type of mixer tap the OP has for a combined low pressure hot, high pressure cold, supply?

No - some 'pros' will just sling on anything that is easiest for them, regardless of looks or what's required.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)
[snip]

Ignore the resident moron dribble, Alex. He lives in a bedsit with an instant water heater above the sink so doesn't understand proper hot water systems.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Will you please eff off as you are a total idiot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

It is not possible to design a low pressure tap with the features desired. Therefore, a pump is a better solution.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Will you please eff off as you are a total idiot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

The OP clearly doesn't want a shitty 50 quid tap, or they wouldn't have bought an expensive and convenient hose type one.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

They are for sale. If the mains pressure is high, 7 bar for e.g., there may be problems, so a pressure reducing valve on the cold of that tap on a low pressure mixer is cheaper and better than a pump on the hot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Just bought a bath filler and basin filler from Boundary Bathrooms. Dual control, 1/4 turn ceramic disc, monoblock, twin flow, suitable for low and pressure systems. The key words are "twin flow" rather than "mixer".

On the OPs problem it may well be related to his fancy tap. It could well be designed for high pressure systems only and thus will perform badly on a normal UK HW tank fed (low pressure) HW system.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

They are available these days for £50 even with a hose.

Screwfix No. 82-196 £46. pull out hose, push button and all. (maybe high pressure only) Screwfix No. 54621 swivel no pullout hose and high and low pressure.

BTW, these spray hoses require a min of 1.5 bar for the spay tom operate. The Grundfos Booster will not get to 1 bar. To get to 1.5 bar and above you will need an expensive, and noisy, pump.

Best he get the right taps: 54621 above. Sorted.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Dribble - who claims to be a pro - thinks such taps are available in every shop. Probably even Tescos. Shows just how little he knows.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Could you point me at a link for a mixer tap with hose attachment and internal body mixing that is suitable for mixed gravity/mains operation. The hose has to provide high pressure very hot water. This high pressure water has to be at least 55C, as it is for dishwashing, not showering.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

That doesn't have a hose. Keep up. Muppet.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Dribble he does at that age. Please eff off as you are a total idiot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel