Dead Li-ion battery

I have a Canon BP511 Li-ion battery which has decided not to take a charge.

Anyone got any tips on re-juvenating it ?

Paul Mc Cann

Reply to
tpaul

I doubt you can rejuvenate it. Probably a new one is needed or you could try re-cell

Nic O'Demus

Replace it. Once they are dead, there is no resurrection.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

This more or less confirms my suspicions. Its less than a year old. Pukka Canon ones cost about £60.00. Jessops sell one for about £40 and Ebay has them from £10.

Whats the difference apart from the price ?

Paul Mc Cann

Reply to
Paul Mc Cann

Dunno but u could check

to see if they have them or
Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

Not sure about your specific query but you will find interesting info in Li-ion batteries if you check the indexes under Part one and Part two of the following site.

JohnB

Very interesting reading

Paul Mc Cann

Reply to
tpaul

I could have sworn I saw this on the rc ng ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

What do you mean Mary ? Whats the rc n(ews)g(roup)

Paul Mc Cann

Reply to
tpaul

uk.rec.models.radio-control.air if I'm not mistaken. Very useful for info on batteries and chargers.

Regards, Richard

Reply to
Frisket

rec.models.rc.air. uk.rec.models.radio-control.air.

I think. I talk there on eletric planes a fair bit :-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher