Dead IMI Powermax 155

Hi - my mate has one of these boilers. Stopped working over the w/e. Regular plumber is away, so he's asked me if I have any ideas.

This is the lighting sequence: Fan operates Clunk sound - gas valve opening? No sparking sound - no ignition MCB trips out.

Any ideas what this could be? PCB?

Thanks for any ideas!

Jon.

Reply to
Tournifreak

If it's tripping the MCB then I'd say it is more likely that one of the devices being switched by the PCB has a problem than the PCB itself. You could try disconnecting various things and seeing if the MCB still trips.

I'd try the pump first followed by the gas valve and the diverter valve if they are 240V.

Steve

Reply to
stevelup

Thanks Steve - just asked him what was tripping, and it's the whole house RCD, not the MCB as stated previously. So the pump does sound quite likely to me. We're going to ask his Mrs to probe it out. Will report back.

Jon.

Reply to
Tournifreak

You might find some useful info in the fault finding sections here:

John Rumm