Dead CH thermostat - time for a new one

I have used a Honeywell CM927 for the last 10 years, and apart from the receiver unit that died last year everything has worked as it should.

The CM927 is now dead - well, it freezes every couple of days and nothing but a battery removal brings it back to life. According to their tech support it is a goner.

A new unit is £100+, so I had a look elsewhere as well as. For example, the Salus RT500 RF goes for around ~ £30 for the thermostat + receiver, and I can probably sell the Honeywell receiver for £20+ on eBay.

Any experience with this? Any recommendation/please avoid for an alternative 7-day thermostat + receiver? They are placed no more than 1m apart BTW.

I just want something that "works", and will be trouble free for years to come (it gets cold in here in the winter...).

Many thanks in advance.

Reply to
JoeJoe

Without hesitation, I would recommend Heat Genius:

Start with the base unit and boiler relay and you have full basic automation and remote control.

Add some rad valve heads later if you want and you have incremental zoning without touching a pipe cutter :)

And it's a very reliable system IME. British too :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

Six months to a year back I had the same problem. [In fact receipt says 26th August 2015.]

In my case the screen failed.

Plumb Centre do a compatible version with slightly fewer functions.

room-thermostat/

£51.00

It paired with the Honeywell control unit by the boiler and so far has worked fine.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Had a Salus RT500 RF for over a year and working good for me, I just move it in to the room I am going to use. Easy controls. I paid £34 on ebay for mine.

Reply to
ss

Thanks, but I may have to rob a bank first ;-)

Reply to
JoeJoe

Thanks a lot for that!

I assume it is a re-badged Honeywell as the receiver looks identical.

Ordered one...

Reply to
JoeJoe