De-waxing freezer circuit

Hi,

I think I have a blockage in my freezer circuit - I presume the valve (or whatever) from high to low pressure is waxed up.

Brief symptoms:

compressor runs input side to the compressor cools compressor vessel and output thin pipe get hot hot coolant does not flow through the cooling radiator on the back of the freezer switch off and there is loads of blooping and gurgling

I assume that the compressor is working, pressurising and heating the coolant, but for some reason there is no coolant circulation.

I have tried a number of '15 seconds on then rest' cycles but this doesn't seem to clear it.

Any suggeastions on where to go from here?

TIA Dave R

There is loads of other stuff under the back of the upright freezer including some 'turn' control (like the control on an electric hob) without the knob to turn it.

Also, anyone know where I can download a service manual for a Hotpoint freezer? I can find the instruction manuals but I need to know what all the gubbins in the back is for, and how to strip this thing down.

Reply to
David W.E. Roberts

Have you tried tipping it onto its side, then righting it, leaving it for a few hours then running it. I have known fridges to respond to this treatment. Phil

Reply to
P.R.Brady

I think this is the source of the problem - freezer transported on side in estate car.

Any way to 'get at' the cooling circuit, or is it a gonner?

Reply to
David W.E. Roberts

In message , David W.E. Roberts writes

How long did you leave it upright before switching on ?

I was told to give it at least 24 hours for all the coolant to run back

Reply to
raden

Several days :-(

Reply to