De-scaling toilet bowl

Not really. Brick acid is 30% HCL. About what a good gastrointestinal infection will have you spitting from your rear end anyway.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

What is 30% HCl (I take it that's what you mean) ?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Or find a suitable schoolboy?

Reply to
Cynical Git

Excellent idea. If he was red and turns blue, it's alkaline.

Reply to
Ian White

Brick acid, and the contents of your stomach.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

No. If he was red and turns blue, hes just inherited a legacy from a rich uncle.

Everyone knows that.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Obviously "brick acid" is HCl, but what do you mean by "30% HCl" ?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Are you sure? Stomach acid is .2 to .3 % HCl, and that can digest pork crackling, aka pigskin.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

But the intestines are alkaline, and a lot of digestion is done by enzymes.

Reply to
Rob Morley

30% concentration. i.e. 70% water.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The stomach is acidic. It breaks down some stuff, after that the bile is alkaline, and restores the Ph of the gut to a high value, and saponifies fats or summat.

Enzymes IIRC work in the saliva and the stomach only? Not sure.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Bugger all use on limescale, no matter how often she's on the TV.

Look, she's _on_TV_ They must be lying, they're in the Lying Cupboard, that place where Tony Blair lives. You know how it works, she poses with the fancy gloves and the tub of MagicStuff, whilst a sweating assistant director heaves a whole new factory-fresh pan onto the set.

A friend of mine cleaned his toilet with aloe vera. There used to be a little aloe plant on a tiny shelf above the toilet. After a few years, the plant had grown but the shelf hadn't. One day he's downstairs when there's an almighty crash. Goes upstairs to find the plant (undamaged) on the floor (undamaged) and the pot (undamaged) lying nearby. -- Surrrounded by the shattered remains of the toilet bowl, which was broken clean in half.

The offending aloe now lives in my house, at floor level.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Oh thanks! I like that, I hope I remember to use it :-)

I've seen it done.

Instead of a brush? It could work ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

He means a 30% concentration of Hydrochloric Acid in water. HCL is the forementioned acid in chemist speak.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Stanton

snipped-for-privacy@meeow.co.uk wrote in news:1114684942.137325.298830 @l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

Not my stomach - I can't get it past my choppers.

And you _are_ what you eat ;-)

mike

Reply to
mike ring

Nah. All sorts of digestive enzymes beavering away along the gut. Saliva's got a starch-breaker (amylase), stomach's got first-stage protein-breaker (pepsin); but the main job of digestion's done in the small intestine, where breakers for all 3 major food groups come along from the pancreas (maltase, trypsin+peptidases, lipase) to end up with molecules small enuff to pass through the gut wall and get either burnt in cells or built back up for structure or energy storage...

Stefek

Reply to
Stefek Zaba