De scaling kettle

You didn't notice did you? Wanker.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

And a refusal to face the truth of his addiction

Reply to
geoff

Excuse me for asking, but are you (a) very skinny, (b) very mean or (c) very skint?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Why bother? Doesn't seem to affect the working of the kettle or its life.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Mony a mickle maks a muckle.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Just over a pound a day on food? I'm not coming round to yours for a meal.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It affects both - scale is a significant insulator so you'll increase both time to boil and the operating temperature of the element.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Yes and yes.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

And they're sharp? I've met people like you, when the "yellow stickers" come out...

No, she's just an ordinary-size Border Terrier; I think it's a perspective thing, because her paws are so close to the camera? Mind you, she's only nine weeks old, and is growing by the minute.

Reply to
Anne Welsh Jackson

By the amounts talked about in costs for descaling?

Think you guys believe the Calgon ads too...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Surely the extra insulation on the body reduces heat loss? And where does the energy from the element go if not into heating the water?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It has to go into the water and won't affect the boiling time (as long as scale thickness

Reply to
Bob Mannix

In a 'traditional' immersed element, yes. But in a more modern flat element? Surely (some of) it can go through the bottom of the kettle.

Reply to
Rod

Sorry, yes, absolutely. What I said only applies for a fully immersed element. Ones in the base are rubbish from this point of view. They are better overall for efficiency though, as they allow the boiling of only the water you need and the benefit from this (if used properly) would far outweigh the advantages of being fully immersed.

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Go live in Hull, then time your time to a cup of tea both before and after descaling.

If you're good, we might let you out of Hull afterwards 8-)

Reply to
Andy Dingley

In which order?

:-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

You failed to ask about the answer to one part of your question...

Reply to
Anne Welsh Jackson