DC Plug

Hi I have a Acer 5003 Laptop that I want to use in the car,I have the cigar lighter power unit but the plugs with it don't fit the Acer, I need a DC plug Barrel Dia.5.5 lenght about 13mm .pin size 1.7mm. I have tried Maplins/ RSC and have emailed Acer agents in UK .and Acer head office, last two didn't answer. Any body any ideas where I could get a couple.Thanks in advance Ken

Reply to
kenp

No ideas where, but you could cut a few inches off the lead from the laptop mains charger, add a socket that matches the car kit and put a matching plug on the free end of the charger lead.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

?N=500009+401+411&Ntk=gensearch_003&Ntt=ar70630&Ntx=&_requestid=530581

Reply to
dcbwhaley

Does the laptop work on 12v DC?

Reply to
SJP

If the "cigar liter power unit" doesn't have a plug that matches the Acer then obviously it isn't specifically designed to power it.

Does the voltage and available current match that required by the laptop? Is the regulation sufficient? Is it a switch-mode or series regulator type?

Reply to
Graham

messagenews:45a62bb7$0$4873$ snipped-for-privacy@free.teranews.com...

Eh? It's generic. It isn't specifically designed to power anything, regardless of whether the connectors mate or not. The same connectors can be used for widely varying voltages, different polarities, different current requirements. MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Generic yes, but not universal. Which is precisely why I want the OP to convince us that what he is using is suitable and not something that, for example, can only deliver 300mA max.

Reply to
Graham