Day 360

Nothing to do with Mayan calendars, degrees in circles or Killearn dialling code.

But it is start of countdown to the next time I touch a turkey. Finished off with a rather fine curried turkey soup for lunch today. :-)

This year the turkey was a really excellent bird - possibly best ever. Flavour, texture, size, smell, everything. The DIY bit was my cooking of it - as always. And the dishes. :-)

Reply to
polygonum

Roast Salad Risotto More salad Curry

Hmmm...

Reply to
Tim Watts

I'm just about to have the last two of my 38 mince pies.

Unless there are more reduced tomorrow.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I'm just about to have the last two of my 38 mince pies.

Unless there are more reduced tomorrow.

Owain

--------------- ASDA yesterday, bags of sprouts, 10p. Marvellous.

Reply to
brass monkey

I eat mince pies all year round. Quite impressed with goose, which I had for the first time courtesy of Lidls

Reply to
stuart noble

Is that how much they pay you to take them away?

I'd want more.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

My favourite veg, sprouts. I have them most days at this time of year.

Reply to
Huge

My favourite veg, sprouts. I have them most days at this time of year.

So it's *YOU* responsible for the gales in the Uk FFS !

Bastid !

Reply to
Nthkentman

Nah, Surely Sprouts are good for TMH business!!!

Replacement lavatory seats and fittings?

:-)

Reply to
Adrian C

You know how not to ruin them when you cook them. Badly cooked sprouts are truly dreadful - but properly done ones are delicious.

Unfortunately, most 'cooks' ruin them.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Has pretty appalling ones this Xmas - was visiting. Cooked to a mush. Sadly some like them like this because that's the way mummy cooked them. ;-)

4 minutes in a microwave with just a tablespoon of water produces excellent results - and they still look like sprouts too.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yes. Sometimes I quarter them, zap in the MC for 3 minutes, then finish in a frying pan with butter and slivered garlic.

Reply to
S Viemeister

I have a freezer full of turkey breast steaks (as in bought fresh, not Bernard Matthews).

I eat them for dinner frequently.

tim

Reply to
tim.....

We weren't. Team decision, nothing special about it at all.

And "Mrs wouldn't be seen dead in there" paid three times [1] as much in M&S

tim

[1] Just a guess on my part I've no idea how much they were in Lidl, but the M&S one was extortionate!
Reply to
tim.....

it is of course necessary to wake early - about 4AM - on Christmas Day, to ensure that the sprouts are given a sufficiently long boil.

Reply to
Steve Firth

why not put them on before you go to bed - it would allow an extra few hours.

Reply to
charles

That was my sister's first exposure to sprouts. Grey, mushy, stinky lumps.

Reply to
S Viemeister

And chopped chestnuts.

Which I forgot on Xmyth day.

Reply to
Huge

Or walnuts.

Reply to
S Viemeister

I think I managed to forget to serve up the cranberry sauce for the third or fourth year running. Not very keen on it myself so it doesn't figure in "what I want on my plate" - but I should be gracious enough to think of it for others.

Now we are out of turkey, what on earth can I use it up with? Hmmm.....

Reply to
polygonum