Data on Integrated Circuit

Tonights challenge :-). I have acquired a small number of TTD6108-2 IC's made by MX, now part of CML Microsystems. These were being used as interface ic's between a PIC and a small motor. However I'm unable to find any information on them at all, and CML have not responded to e-mails. Can anyone please help with some data on these devices as they could be very useful for a project I have at the moment.

Reply to
Peter Parry

What type of motor?

Reply to
Matt

promising, but doesn't work on my browser. It does link MX to the CML site but couldn't find any data sheets there.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Small low voltage permanent magnet. 6VDC operating.

Reply to
Peter Parry

In article , Peter Parry writes

CML are a bit odd like that. Try ringing them

Google comes up with zilch.

Reply to
Mr X

sci.electronics.components

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Tried that, no responses yet.

Reply to
Peter Parry

Did that - said if I e-mailed they would see what they could do - which so far appears to be nothing whatsoever!

Reply to
Peter Parry

Try a post on comp.robotics.misc. Lot of pic people on there.

HTH

Dave

Reply to
dave stanton

How many pins on the IC?

Are you sure that you have interpreted the markings correctly?

Any idea on what the actual internal functionality is, could it be a serial interface D to A?

Reply to
Matt

In article , Peter Parry writes

suggests this may be an analogue multiplexer, which sounds unlikely given the usage you describe, but the site might be worth a look.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Reply to
Peter Parry

Is that a don't know? :-)

Reply to
Matt

8 Pin DIL.

Yes (they are actually very clear for once!) - there are a few listed for sale on brokers web sites but no data sheets.

The full markings are :- MX J2D4JA TTD6108-2

As far as I have worked out so far (and this may not be correct as the tracks on the PCB's I have are difficult to trace) is that PA0 and PA1 on the microcontroller (A Holtek HT48R05A one time programmable) go to pins 1 and 8 on the TTD6108. Of the other TTD6108 pins 3 and 6 go to the motor. Pins 4 and 5 are -ve and pins

2 and 7 are +ve. I'd guess 4&5 and 2&7 are also used for simple heatsinking looking at the PCB layout.

As yet I haven't been able to power the boards I've got to do any measurements on them but I have a project for REMAP (see url in sig) which they could be useful for if I can find something out about them!

Reply to
Peter Parry

I've seen a similar 8-pin motor driver chip... somewhere.

Pins 1 and 8 inputs are Direction command, plus the variable pulse-width clock from the uP. Pins could be either way round.

Pins 3 and 6 are the outputs from an H-bridge, diagonal pairs chosen by DIR, clocked by the PWM input. There might also be 4x (Schottky?) diodes on 3 and 6 to clamp the back emf from the motor's inductance.

If it is an 8-pin DIP package, reckon on a running motor current of no more than about 100mA.

With such a simple driver chip, smoothly controlling a motor can require considerable software in the PIC. See Microchip App Note DS00532B "Servo Control of a DC Brush Motor".

Reply to
Tony Williams