dark-coloured foam filler?

Looks like my quest for dark foam filler might be in vain then... BTW Oh dear sorry about the wrong date on my PC, seems that this post might stick at the top of the list for a while...

Paul.

Reply to
Paul Clarke

You can get black foam filler used for filling gaps between stones when building ponds etc. I think it's hard to get in the UK. There's lots of it available on US websites. E.g. "black waterfall foam" from

don't know what the expansion is like. Hope that helps. Simon.

Reply to
Simon

If youre desperate you could squirt then throw a handful of brick dust / soot / etc on it, it would likely bond very well.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

Can you not paint it?

Expanding foam is not photostable (degrades in sun light) and so they generally recommend that you paint the stuff if it is be exposed to Sun or is 'melts' away. I'd paint it for the ultimate bodge.

Scott

Reply to
Scott Mills

Sounds like it might be a good idea to go into it, as I cant see it lasting very well. And expanding foam does tend to break things its applied to. Part of its expansion occurs while it is already quite solid, thus you can end up with it permanently applying enormous pressures to things. If for example you used it to cavity fill a brick wall, one could expect the wall to collapse.

Then there are the twin issues of uv degradation and rain freezing on a roof.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

Has anyone ever seen any dark foam filler for sale?. Apart from the usual, all I've ever seen is the pink/red firefoam Screwfix do.

It's all to do with a bodge to a slate roof but I won't go into that...

Thanks - Paul.

Reply to
Paul Clarke