Danger CORGIs in your area!!!!

Just got an unsolicited email from CORGI.....

CORGI has identified your area as a carbon monoxide poisoning hotspot (Read the CORGI carbon monoxide report for more information). For this reason, we are running a carbon monoxide road show to alert people about the potential risks.

And the nearest Venues..............

Birmingham and Leicester!

I live near the south coast!

So, their Carbon Monoxide Hotspot Detectors seem to have an accuracy of less than 250 miles in a country that about 500 miles long!

What a bunch of clueless f*ckwits!

Reply to
zikkimalambo

It must be very dangerous stuff if it'll affect you from that far away :-)

Reply to
Mogga

I got two of these this morning... both to email addresses I only ever gave to Nikon to register my cameras. Naughty, naughty!

HVB

Reply to
HVB

I got one as well and I'm in Glasgow

Reply to
Stuart B

I got one as well and guess what - registered with nikon as well

Reply to
Ageless

Happens when you buy cheap cameras

Reply to
Stuart Noble

No - the common thread is that the natives have a speech impediment.....

Reply to
andyrdhall

I got one as well & I've never registered with Nikon. It came to the e-mail address on my magician website.

My venuses were Birmingham, Newcastle, Cardiff, Nottingham, Sheffield & Leicester - all very convenient to Kent!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Just reported them to thier ISP for spamming - I'll keep you all informed :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Worth travelling for a venus though, innit? :-)

Reply to
John Stumbles

For years I always heard the lyric in the song "My venus in blue jeans" as something quite different....

Reply to
John Rumm

You mean like "T'was on the good ship Venus" etc. etc.

Reply to
andyrdhall

Can we do the Captain Pugwash characters' names now? ;-)

Reply to
John Stumbles

What master Mates and Jim the cabin boy?

(never sounds as good as the apocryphal names does it? ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

It was Tom the cabin boy, but they did have Pirate Willy.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Complained to CORGI & got the following e-mail;

"Please accept our sincerest apologies for the email you received last week about a Carbon Monoxide roadshow.

Due to a technical error this was sent to you by accident, the email was only intended for people living much closer to the current round of roadshows.

We are sorry for the concern and inconvenience this has caused you. Please be assured we will unsubscribe your email address."

Reply to
The Medway Handyman