Danfoss automatic motorised diverter control valve

The family has noticed major interference on the TV when watching digital channels at certain times when the central heating boiler is on. By trial and error, I have discovered that the diverter valve is making a ticking noise when both the central heating and hot water are on. This ticking (Hope it is not sparking) is causing the interference, and it does not occur with just heating or just water heating. I could get by, adjusting the hot water timer to times when the heat is not on - but should I be getting it replaced? Is the replacement just an electric motor which I could replace myself, or are the motor and the valve integral, so I will need a plumber to drain the system and do a full replacement?

Reply to
roy atherton

In message , roy atherton writes

It sounds more like a faulty microswitch in the actuator head

You can buy the heads separately, or if you're feeling adventurous, replace the (probably) middle microswitch which will prolly cost under £2

Reply to
raden

Do you know where the microswitched are obtainable from? I replaced a 2 port Danfoss valve recently because the switch was faulty (it had fallen apart inside - maybe the OP has the same problem). I've bought several synchron motors but can't find a source for the switch (it has a long arm).

Reply to
Rory

RS, Maplin, all the other usual outlets.

If you can't find one with the exact same arm as you require, you should be able to change the arm over from one to the other.

Reply to
raden