Damp Question

Thinking of using a damp proofing cream (called Dryzone) to proof a wall. The difference with this stuff is that you inject it into the mortar rather than the brick. Has anyone had any experience with it? Any good?

Reply to
Pete

The >difference with this stuff is that you inject it into the mortar rather than the brick. >Has anyone had any experience with it? Any good? I have resorted to the age old solution for damp on a couple of walls recently, namely oil based gloss paint. Initial observations suggest that this simple method outperforms PVA, SBR, and anything else that's water based. It remains to be seen how it compares to a candle wax/white spirit/polyfilla mix which I have used in another area. Wallpaper sticks to it just fine and, mineral wax being very hydrophobic and flexible, I have high hopes.

Reply to
stuart noble

"stuart noble" based. It remains to be seen how it compares to a candle wax/white

Thanks - will give it a try - though I doubt it will prevent damp coming in from the ground up

Reply to
Pete

In article , Pete writes

Indeed it will do exactly the opposite, it will seal the moisture into the wall, stopping it evaporating.

J.

Reply to
John Rouse

So then what will it do? Presumably evaporate to the outside, same way it came in. Not ideal, but you can't expect people to just accept damp in this day and age. It's unpleasant, unhealthy, and it wrecks your Laura Ashley.

Reply to
stuart noble