Damp Question

Thinking of using a damp proofing cream (called Dryzone) to proof a wall. The difference with this stuff is that you inject it into the mortar rather than the brick. Has anyone had any experience with it? Any good?

than the brick. >Has anyone had any experience with it? Any good? I have resorted to the age old solution for damp on a couple of walls recently, namely oil based gloss paint. Initial observations suggest that this simple method outperforms PVA, SBR, and anything else that's water based. It remains to be seen how it compares to a candle wax/white spirit/polyfilla mix which I have used in another area. Wallpaper sticks to it just fine and, mineral wax being very hydrophobic and flexible, I have high hopes.

Thanks - will give it a try - though I doubt it will prevent damp coming in from the ground up

Indeed it will do exactly the opposite, it will seal the moisture into the wall, stopping it evaporating.
J.
--
John Rouse

came in. Not ideal, but you can't expect people to just accept damp in this day and age. It's unpleasant, unhealthy, and it wrecks your Laura Ashley.