Damp-proofing kitchenfloor

1928 house. I think there is no membrane under the kitchen floor (concrete?) which has tiles (in good condition) on top of the original quarry tiles. It is above ground level but small amounts of moisture seep up during very wet weather.

I want to put down either laminate or ceramic floor tiles on top of the existing two layers of tiles. I can't face digging the whole lot up and putting down a membrane; would a liquid DPM work e.g.

Any advice welcome.

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

I've used Wickes liquid DPM (which is a paint-on rubber/bitumen) under a couple of inches of Wickes deep base floor levelling, with good results.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I have used an F Ball epoxy DPM on my kitchen (same problem as you). F75 IIRC - you should find it on their website.

Reply to
Tim Watts

If your tiles are glazed you'd only need to dampproof the joins. I don't think I'd put bitumen or any other bulky paint on under new tiles, better to use something that soaks in.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr