damp proofing cream?

Hi

I have small area of dampness in the single wall /extension/. I want to treat it with the Quick Cream

wonder if anyone had any experience with the above or similar product. Regards peter

Reply to
peter

The message from "peter" contains these words:

I'd have thought finding where the water was getting in and fixing it might be more effective.

Reply to
Guy King

Indeed -- you can't treat any damp without first identifying its cause. Mistreatment will at best have no effect, but could make it worse.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I agree, but it is a small area /about 1.5 meters long/ and it is not very bad. The ground level outside is higher /to close to the membrane/ than it should be. So I would like to try a cheaper method before any more serious construction work. The question remains, has anyone use it and how does it compare to the ''traditional'' liquid injection method? peter

Reply to
peter

The message from "peter" contains these words:

Time to get digging, I'd say.

Reply to
Guy King

AFAIK it's just a gel version of the injection liquid. Gives the illusion of more when you're putting it on but a waste of time and money I would have thought. I agree the source should be found because the damp will probably just spread to the next bit of porous plaster. I usually paint the whole wall with oil based undercoat in these situations. It won't stop serious damp but it does make the old plaster less water friendly. And no, it doesn't prevent the house or its occupants from breathing

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Thank you very much Stuart

Reply to