DAMP PROBLEMS TIPS ON MOULD CONDENSATION

ANY ADVICE NEEDED ON ALL RELATED DAMP ISSUES PLEAES CHECK OUT OUR WEB SITE

nhs information on mould

a link on my website where we have posted roughly 20 articles on damp and mould tips advice

Reply to
steven robinson

this is a forum for mould and damp please feel free to join in

link to my face book page I have tons of good info on there

steven robinson

'We.... offering a full professional and guaranteed range of solutions for: rising damp,'

usual scam then?

Reply to
meow2222

far from it

im a very honest contactor

its funny you should say that because ive been writing up something on that subject about so called rising damp

that argument is for scientists to argue about

if you have damp in your home and its damp in the walls and floor this can be very confusing half the experts say there is rising damp the other half say it does not ???? all you care about is getting it fixed we deal with all types of damp penetrating damp mould condensation it could be breeching the dpc could be a burst pipe leaking gutter poor pointing , is that not what you want in a contractor some body honest enough and has t he knowledge to tell the difference instead coming in saying u have rising damp, you will get rising damp in very old propertys of about 100 year old slate dpc and travels up through the motor beds bearing in mind more modern cements it does not travel though but propertys of 100 years plus you make your mind up

Reply to
steven robinson

not at all mate I do plastering rendering woodworm treatments timber treatm ents dry rot wet rot not just damp proofing as I was saying we deal with a lot condensation and mould also a lot of penetrating damp if you cant tell the difference you wo nt be in business long and you should call it what you want ignore the rising bit . if you got damp in your wall s you need it fixed if you ignore it it will get worse could spread create an environment for dry rot to start if you get that your floors / joists ca n be very expensive to fix what could been a small job can turn into thous ands

be carefull of these people saying we are scam artists cowboys any trade ha s its fair share just like car mechanics , there advice is very very dodgy , if u got damp it needs treated if you do it wrong it could cost a lot

Reply to
steven robinson

Not too inclined to accept advice from someone who spams newsgroups and who is barely literate.

Seriously, did you you skip school the day they talked about the use of capitalisation and punctuation?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

ok pal obviously your just a another smart arse you got nothing better to do with your life part from get on hear and try and pick faults and grief them < ?????

Reply to
steven robinson

I've heard that said before.

Along with many others - including the Building Research Establishment (BRE) who produce some very interesting and practical solutions.

And they have been for years - and still not produced a definative answer for a certain cure.

Three feet or under and going down to floor level - high probability of rising damp caused by DPC failure or lack off and a few other things

Can be difficult no matter how expert you think you are.

Blocked cavites, dirty wall ties, defective DPC around doors and windows, heavy condensation from kitchens, bathrooms, damp washing drying off indoors, leaking roof at eaves level, cavity wall insulation etc, etc, etc.

is that not what you want in a contractor some body honest

And even the most honest and conscientious get things wrong - and the con artist makes a lot of money.

Along with the hygroscopic effect showing on black mortar render at high level, water penetration through the stone - and about a dozen different other reasons other than rising damp.

Not entirely true - compo, bricks and stone all absorb water, hence the reason for cavities.

All good fun the rising damp lark and its so-called cures - and in buildings of "100 years" or so, very often the cure is a simple shovel and and a bit of elbow grease to shift the earth and detritus that has built up against the walls over the years - rather than an "expert" with their chemical and patent DPCs.

BTW, how well versed are you on the more insidious enemy called Merulius Lacrymans and its eradication?

And I must admit to feeling a little mischievous in replying to this post in the vein that I have, as having dealt with the effects of damp and rot in buildings and it's problematical identification of its sources and types for many years before retirement.

During that time, I found that a very good source of information about it emanated from the BRE Digests that I used to have sent to me - and that contractors who professed to be 'experts' in that field very often had less of an idea about the stuff than the clients who were paying for its eradication.

Cash

Who's on a little 'high' by having to forsake my usual nightly anethsetic (a couple of large Jack Daniel's Sourmash) for some rather strong prescription pain killing medication that's bloody keeping me wide awake tonight for some odd reason. So please accept my apologies for any offence I may have caused.

Reply to
Cash

Maybe. Given the odds though I think few would rush to accept that. Damp tr eatment is not normally an honest game.

at subject about so called rising damp

You're in luck, I'm a scientist. People come to uk.d-i-y looking for people that can solve damp problems. If you're genuinely capable we should stop g iving you a hard time, even after the spam. But prove it.

n be very confusing half the experts say there is rising damp the other hal f say it does not ????

ld be breeching the dpc could be a burst pipe leaking gutter poor pointing , is that not what you want in a contractor some body honest enough and has the knowledge to tell the difference instead coming in saying u have risin g damp,

sure, but tells us little

e dpc and travels up through the motor beds

ys of 100 years plus you make your mind up

IIRC BRE said it only occurs with some sandy lime mixes, so I accept what y ou say on that point.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

The primary Victorian reason is normally reported as being to stop penetrating damp in high wind wet coastal locations. Though its use in other areas at the time indicates another reason too.

Lots of cavityless properties do fine in damp terms today, and the ones that don't seldom suffer rising damp, so I think the modern reason for the cavity is something else, namely insulation.

Yup, and unblocking vents and fixing rainwater goods etc.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

unfortunately not true.

no-one said you were a scam artist, I asked if you were. It is not dodgy to ask that, damp treaters generally are scammy.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Unless you learn to punctuate, your postings make no sense. You might learn to spell as well while you're at it.

It also shows you lack education and your ramblings are worthless drivel.

Reply to
harryagain

On 21 Feb 2015, steven robinson grunted:

Great stuff guys! Bogbrush*

*In-joke for Private Eye readers
Reply to
Lobster

I'm with Tim and Harry too

Reply to
newshound

"I also am with Tim and Harry"

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Missed capitalisations in "OK", needs a comma after "pal". Should be "you're"' not "your". Full stop missing after "arse". Missing capitalisation in "You" (which should be "you've" or "you have"), missing "a" before "part", should be "here", not "hear" and "grief them" isn't even English. Question mark should immediately follow "them", not a "

Reply to
Tim+

Reply to
Tim Streater

Steven, just to emphasise, in case the name didn't give it away to you, this is a DIY newsgroup. There is no DIY advice on your web site, which makes your website completely useless to the people who use this newsgroup.

Fortunately, there are many people here both DIY and professional who are very experienced in acquiring properties with damp and fixing them, who can, and do give correct advice here which has proved to work time and time again. Advice is given here in public where it's open to discussion and scrutiny, and when necessary, correction.

If you arrived here with with the sole aim of promoting your business, you are in completely the wrong place. If you want to advise people how to fix their damp problems themselves, then you can join in the discussions with the relevant experts when questions arise.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

You will find spamming any group is a no-no. Just don't do it.

If you can lurk here and offer helpful advice to anyone asking, it becomes a different matter, and is acceptable to place your name and contact details in a signature under your post.

It would also go a long way to punctuate your reply correctly and to spend time on spelling. There are some word editors, from MS Office to LibreOffice that allow you to draft and correct any potential reply.

Next time I suggest you try a bit harder and conform to what is acceptable here, and in other forums.

Reply to
Fredxxx

So far we know only 2 things: he's a spammer he's in a trade where scammy behaviour is the norm

Now, if our visitor wants to prove his competence and give sound advice, I for one would welcome him here, and would then have no objection to a sig m entioning his company, and that would doubtless get him work. However compe tence has yet to be proven, and the starting point isn't a great one.

As for punctuation & grandma, its not really the point, I think mainly peop le are just a bit annoyed with the spam.

NT

Reply to
meow2222