Damp cars, Leaky seals and silica gel.

I got stacks of sachets of silica gel from packages at work. They are littering my back window shelf and doing a great job keeping down the condensation in my annoyingly wet Mondeo.

How long this is going to go on for I can't say. Do I invest in new seals or can someone on here advise me how to rig up a way to recharge them against the exhaust pipe?

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

I'd be checking that the fresh air vents aren't blocked, myself. I've never had condensation in any vehicle unless the air vents have all been closed to the outside air. Also, check for a small leak on the heater matrix if it's losing water regularly.

Reply to
John Williamson

Figure out where it's coming in, first. Otherwise, you're just trying to hold back the rising tide, literally.

Does it have a sunroof? If so, then the drain tubes are the most likely.

If there's really no sign of where it's coming in, then tape over various door and window seals temporarily, until you figure where.

Reply to
Adrian

I had a condensation problem in my wifes newish car, it turned out she had the vent system on internal instead of drawing air from the outside. When swiched over it cured the problem very quickly.

Reply to
ss

Check/change your pollen filter.

Reply to
Farmer Giles

Try switching the Air-con to ON.

Reply to
Mr Fuxit

Stick it in your oven when you have finished cooking and the oven is still warm.

It's only £2.30 for a 3.8Kg bag

alan

ittering my back window shelf and doing a great job keeping down the conden sation in my annoyingly wet Mondeo.

ls or can someone on here advise me how to rig up a way to recharge them ag ainst the exhaust pipe?

I don't need new stock but would like to know where it is coming from sever al good suggestions none of which I know how to check though.

No sunroof is the only positive feed back so far. I can't see me taping the doors.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer