Damp car interior / misting up

Hyundai Accent's are damn near unroadworthy when it comes to misting up - i`ve never known a car as bad for it.

Reply to
Colin Wilson

And translated this means................??????

MJ

Reply to
MJ

Recirculation doen't work because all the soggy wet air goes around and

around. The outside air, being cold, is able to carry less water

anyway, and what there is gets sucked out by the aircon. THEN you heat

THAT and it's ultra dry - a lot drier than air sucked from inside the car.

Reply to
Rob Morley

In message , nick smith writes

Which bit of "I don't have aircon or recirculate." in the OPs post couldn't you understand ?

Reply to
raden

In message , The Natural Philosopher writes

Countries with proper winters are great, aren't they

Reply to
raden

Hmmm.. tell that to all the trees around here, leaves went yellow weeks ago its December tomorrow and they're still up there.

Reply to
Mark

A common cause of this sort of problem is if the vehicle has a 'pollen filter' fitted. Basically they are very similar to a carb/injection system air filter, just a bit bigger and are usually found by the air intake for the ventilation system. The car manual should mention one on the service schedule if it has one, typically they are supposed to be replaced every year or so. They can normally be picked up at Halfords for less than a tenner for popular makes.

You would be amazed how much condensation you can get with an old filter that hasn't been changed for years. In one of my previous cars I couldn't be arsed to get a new one so just took it out altogether, the difference it made was incredible - the damp feel and condensation completely dissapeared within a few weeks.

MH

Reply to
Mary Hinge

It's a public forum, others who have the same problem may well have aircon etc. I posted that I didn't have aircon to prevent an inital round of "have you got aircon" posts.

Reply to
PM

Windows open a crack at night (and during the day) has helped a lot. Mind you, it hasn't rained for a week so there could still be a leak somewhere...

Reply to
PM

No pollen filter on this car, my old Mondeo had one, or rather, it didn't have one where it should have done; this let water in.

Reply to
PM